In the spirit of the season I take this opportunity to pass on some timely tips to improve the experience before you drift off into that tryptophan coma.
- The carving knife is only to be used on the turkey, not your crazy uncle you put in the corner of the room because he’s alternately gassy, blatantly racist, or just can’t keep his hands to himself. Everyone knows he belongs in jail but you have to invite him because he’s family. If you don’t know which uncle I mean, it’s probably you.
- If you’re unlucky enough to draw the wobbly chair or the spot where two tables are poorly joined together, get over it. Just put more weight on one cheek and know that the gravy is going to drift to the low side of your plate and you’re going to spill at least one glass of wine by setting the glass on the high edge. Remember, you could be dodging fruit salad at the kids’ table.
- Have plenty of gauze bandages and the emergency room number handy for when your nephew “accidentally” pushes his sister through the plate glass window.
- Carefully scout the room beforehand so you have an exit strategy planned in case you are cornered by your 75-year old aunt who insists on telling you why her planned breast reduction surgery will be a godsend or your brother-in-law wants to tell you the alt-right is just a bunch of good old boys.
- Try and keep the cooks away from the wine, at least until the marshmallows have melted on the top of the sweet potatoes. Then they can get hammered like the rest of you. Also be thankful that one of the first things Native Americans taught us was how to grow marshmallows.
- Remember, pie without whipped cream is an assault on the senses and good taste so don’t let it happen in your house.
- Do not take credit for the green bean casserole. While it is perhaps the greatest side dish in the history of holidays, the damned recipe is on the mushroom soup can and the French-fried onion ring container and if they could stencil it on the side of a green bean, they would since it’s the only good thing you can do with a green bean.
- When the fight breaks out…and it will, be sure to have your phone recording it so it can later be used as evidence in court.
- Plan on making two trips to the rest home when you pick up the old people because at least one of them will forget their teeth. And make sure you have a designated driver when they are ready to go back at 4:00.
- You don’t need to eat that much turkey tomorrow because one of the football games will put you to sleep anyway.
- Let’s show a little etiquette tomorrow and after you gorge yourselves, remember that unless it’s your house, you’re not allowed to unbutton your pants.
It’s not really that different in business. IMC has a feast of products in excess of 2200 promotional products that will help you serve your client and we are adding more for 2017 with new brand partners and products from our collections and our established retail brand partners. We believe IMC products speak for themselves and we can also show you ways to use and market them to your clients. Our products with decoration will have your customer coming back time and time again. The 2016 IMC catalog is available by request from the IMC website and is posted on the online services while we work on the 2017 catalog. We’ll continue to treat our clients professionally and get your orders to you…on time and on budget. You can also get on the distribution list for our 2017 catalog using the catalog page of our website. In addition, IMC just introduced 97 new items at the SAAC show in California and they are live in the section of our website. You may also go to our Tools section of the website and download the 2016.5 flyer. We have products for every event and if your client has invented a holiday or celebration, we can also custom-make almost anything you can dream to make your client’s event all it can be. Take a look at our YouTube channel to see some videos showcasing popular products for some ideas on how to use them. We take our business relationship seriously and we want you to enjoy, give and receive our products and be able to use them every day. We look forward to working with you and we always have ideas to make our products work for your clients. The 2016 IMC catalog is also live and available virtually at Zoomcatalog.com if you’re tired of fighting paper catalogs. It can be viewed nicely with your laptop, iPad, tablet or phone. IMC is the recognized leader in the introduction of new retail brands to the promotional product industry and has multiple design awards from both ASI and PPAI. Since introducing Waterford® Writing Instruments and MoMA years ago, IMC has presented more than 48 retail brands from global suppliers to enhance the selections you can offer your clients. We invite you to browse any of our 2,300+ products on the IMC website to see items suitable for any occasion or event and pieces you can use to personalize your relationship with your clients. We have promotional products for every event, show, convention, corporate store and company program that will keep your client looking to you for new ideas. What do you think? Let us know with a comment here or on Facebook or Twitter. IMC wants to know…what time is dinner?